[Nautilus-list] Usability - death of options 1

> Don't blame it on Darin. It's the strong opinion of most of "core
> gnome hackers" that GNOME 1.x has far too many preferences, and a ton
> of them are getting booted for GNOME 2, no question. They have to be
> replaced by the _right defaults_ and _smart behavior_.
Replaced by the "_right defaults_" FOR WHOM? IN WHICH SITUATION?
Replaced by the _smart behavior_... Does this mean that you have
incorporated ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE into a filemanager? Rename Nautilus
to "SkyNet" then, and sell it to the military :)

I apologize for treating Darin is if he were the root of evil. I wrote
it becouse most of upsetting messages (advocating the 'shining new
world' without choice) bore his signature. But still I urge you all to
have some convenient way to customize Nautilus to ANYONE's likings. It
may be an optional capplet, or user level control or anything else until
it provides "click and tick" interface to tune MY OWN DESKTOP in less
than 15 minutes. Othewise the only way left will be either
"rpm -e gnome* --NOW&FOREVER!!! / startkde" or "reboot / setup.exe".