Re: [Nautilus-list] crashing nautilus doesn't call bug-buddy, AFAICT

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 15:00, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 2/25/02 10:42 AM, "Luis Villa" <louie ximian com> wrote:
>
> > Is there some architectural reason why nautilus doesn't call bug-buddy
> > when it crashes? Or has that just been deliberately disabled? I'm
> > curious, because it seems like at the moment (1) nautilus crashes a lot
> > and (2) there are very few stack traces to show for it in the bugzilla.
> >
> > If it is just a 'we don't have enough time to read through all the bug
> > reports' issue, then let this email serve as a polite reminder that (1)
> > I'm trying to read through all incoming nautilus bug reports on the same
> > day and (2) we'll hopefully have some Ximian folks working on fixing the
> > crashes soon.
> >
> > So... can we get bug-buddy turned on, if there isn't an architectural
> > reason why this isn't feasible?
>
> I think version 1.0 turned it off explicitly. I'm surprised the Gnome 2
> version still does this. I'd be happy to remove it.

That'd be great, if it is in fact the case.

> On the other hand, I don't think that stack traces with "it died" are bug
> reports. In previous projects, we had a separate "crash report" database
> that was good at automatically detecting duplicates, then we'd make bug
> reports from that. But as long as you are handling the bug reports as they
> come in, not me, I don't really care.

Glad to be of service ;)

> At the moment, the Nautilus bugs are still too numerous and disorganized to
> help me in my work, but that might get better eventually.

I'm trying, but Eazel was extremely effective in filing reports... so
there are /tons/ of them, and it is often extremely hard to tell which
are still relevant. :/

Luis