[Nautilus-list] trouble with high-latency browsing

Hi,

Hmmm, must admit that the title isn't that helpful.

I'm having troubles with some "schemes" that have a high latency. When
browsing for example, rio500:, smb:, or even http: (DAV, iDisk in this
case) schemes, Nautilus shows (sometimes) a couple of files, then
doesn't seem to do anything, the throbber is not moving, and the "Stop
in this case from Icon View to List view and vice-versa, at which point
it shows all the files.

the "ls" test in gnome-vfs doesn't show this behaviour.

Does anybody have an idea of what the problem could be ? Async
operations broken ? Or would it be Nautilus ?

If you can't reproduce this problem, I can very well, the rio500 module
reproduce this problem constantly.

Cheers

PS: It *seems*, but to take with a pinch of salt, that only directories
don't show up properly. Files show up every time.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net