Re: [Nautilus-list] better message for smb master browser not available

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 22:42, Darin Adler wrote:
> You can code this more simply using eel_str_has_prefix. Also note that you
> want to use eel_istr_has_prefix, since schemes are not case sensitive.
>
> There should be two \n characters, because if you hard-code a paragraph
> break, you want a blank line between paragraphs.

I'll fix the patch and commit it then.

> As far as the idea of hard-coding a specific message for smb, I guess it's
> OK. It seems that the message assumes that *any* error must be trouble
> contacting the SMB master browser though, which I assume is not true. I'd

It's the only error that returns a SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE error.

> like some opinions from the other people working on gnome-vfs-extras about

I'm the only person working on the 2.0 port (I ported it because I
needed it). And Alex is the maintainer for this module.

> this. Also, I'd like to know how we plan to make gnome-vfs work in the
> future, because a design where we have to add specific error messages to
> Nautilus for specific gnome-vfs modules seems bad.

I talked to Seth about it, and the plan would be using GErrors instead
of GnomeVFSResults. Probably a 2.2 thing though.

> Once you resolve all of these issues, feel free to commit.

Cheers, will do

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net