Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus + autofs

On Fre, 2002-02-15 at 13:13, Andree Leidenfrost wrote:

> I'm having a bit of an issue with auto-mounted filesystems that are
> linked as icons on the desktop. When double-clicking them on the desktop
> they pop-up a window saying 'Broken link: This link can't be used,
> because it's target "blurb" doesn't exist. Do you want to put the link
> in the Trash?'. Of course I don't, I want the filessytem to be mounted.
> Once the filessytem is actually mounted and unmouted again, the icon on
> the desktop just disappears. All this works quite well with gmc and I
> can't really see a reason why it wouldn't work with Nautilus. Alas, I
> can't see what I'm doing wrong... So, any help on that one is really
> much appreciated.

I've got the same problem with links to a samba share. The share is on a
harddisk which is mostly in standby. Therefore the first access to the
share takes some time (nautilus has to wait until the drive spins up).

This triggers the same behaviour, so I guess it is kind of a timeout
that occurs with which is dealt differently on links :-?

Soeren.