Re: [Nautilus-list] New show hidden/backup files patch

> OK. Well, guys: How are we going to decide as a group whether to keep this
> toolbar button or not?

Time to throw in my 2 cents. :)

I don't know how to decide, what follows is just my opinion...

Personally I don't think there should be a toolbar button for this,
because I don't think this is a feature that will be used very often by
very many people. I don't even think it should have a menu item in the
right-click context menu. That menu is already too crowded with
different options.

Instead I suggest adding this as an option to the 'View' menu and
assigning a shortcut key to it. This will make it easy to find for users
who only want to use this occasionally, but users who use it all the
time can quickly use the shortcut key. Furthermore it will keep the
right-click menu and the toolbar clutter free.

- Frank