Re: [Nautilus-list] large file sizes not showing up

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:50:57AM -0800, Darin Adler wrote:

> In Nautilus, this info typically comes from the result of the
> gnome_vfs_async_load_directory call in start_monitoring_file_list. The file
> info comes back in the list parameter to directory_load_callback, which
> calls directory_load_one on each element of the list.

OK.

> The async. implementation of gnome_vfs_async_load_directory is in
> load_directory_details in gnome-vfs, and calls
> gnome_vfs_directory_open_from_uri_cancellable, then
> gnome_vfs_directory_read_next_cancellable.

Excellent!  This helps a lot trying to figure out where the two are
meeting.

I tracked down the bug and it is indeed in gnomevfs -- or the build of
it on my distro anyway.  In get_stat_info() at line
modules/file-method.c:~622 there is an lstat() on the files in the
directory the Nautilus window is opening with:

    if (lstat (full_name, statptr) != 0) {
        return gnome_vfs_result_from_errno ();
    }

On my system, the struct stat {} has the following definition for
st_size:

#ifndef __USE_FILE_OFFSET64
    __off_t st_size;                    /* Size of file, in bytes.  */
#else
    __off64_t st_size;                  /* Size of file, in bytes.  */
#endif

Now it's obvious that __USE_FILE_OFFSET64 needs to be defined and that
it is not being done in my (distro's) build of gnomevfs.  Should it be
normally?  Is there something in the "configure" of gnomevfs to turn
on 64 bit (large) file handling?

I should probably take this to whomever is maintaining gnomevfs, but I
thought you folks are working very closely with it so you might be
able to answer my question(s).  I will go bug the gnomevfs folks if
nobody here is sure what I should do to enable large file support for
gnomevfs.

Thanx,
b.

--