Re: [Nautilus-list] large file support working in gnomevfs butnot nautilus

On 2/7/02 3:53 PM, "Darin Adler" <darin bentspoon com> wrote:

> On 2/7/02 3:11 PM, "Brian J. Murrell"
> <aff70cc554ef277af63d7158daeb9791 interlinx bc ca> wrote:
>
>> When Nautilus shows files greater than 2GB in the file browser, their
>> size is shown as "..." and their type is shown as unknown even though
>> Nautilus should know they are MPEGs just like any other MPEG in the
>> directory.
>
> I'm guessing that the problem lies in formatting the file size for display,
> not in passing it around within Nautilus, because Nautilus just uses the
> GnomeVFSFileSize data type.

The function that's used to format a file size for display is
nautilus_file_get_size_as_string, which calls
gnome_vfs_format_file_size_for_display.

> The file type comes from within gnome-vfs, so if the type is being shown as
> unknown, I'm betting that's a gnome-vfs problem.

The function that displays the file type is
nautilus_file_get_type_as_string, or nautilus_file_get_mime_type.

Hope that helps you track it down.

    -- Darin