[Nautilus-list] Re: Zoom to Fit

On 2/4/02 12:36 PM, "Michael Meeks" <michael ximian com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 18:39, Darin Adler wrote:
>> I think that the behavior you describe is good for Nautilus too if we are in
>> the "open each item in a new window" mode. But the shrink to fit behavior is
>> good if we are in the "open items in the same window" mode.
>
> I think the best approach - which involves not changing eog, and
> getting nautilus to work nicely is to hack this 'Remembered zoom level'
> into the nautilus adaptor, and if no level is then fire a zoom to fit.
>
> How does that sound ?

Sounds like it would not necessarily work, because the zoom to fit comes too
late, after the view has already drawn itself once and maybe even made the
window bigger?

Sounds like a pain in the butt to implement, but better than losing the
feature.

Sounds like it wouldn't help with the issue of doing it in the "each item in
new window" mode vs. not doing it in the "open items in the same window"
mode.

But if you're volunteering to do it, sounds OK to me.

    -- Darin