strange nautilus rename bug(?)

Hi,
	I have encoutered a strange nautilus behaviour, and before filing a bug in bugzilla I decided to post here because I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's my fault:

when I try to rename a file and I hit the "Del" key to delete the old name before typing the new one the file gets moved to the trash. This happens only in the icon view.
The strange thing is that if I start nautilus from a terminal the thing doesn't happen!

(this is nautilus from cvs, a couple of days old)

TIA
	paolo