Re: multihead desktop

On 19 Dec 2002, James Willcox wrote:

> Hello nautilus dudes,
>
> I've a patch here that changes the multihead behavior of nautilus.
> Currently, nautilus (poorly) displays the same desktop icons on every
> screen.  This patch makes the desktop icons screen-specific.  That is,
> each icon will only show up on one screen.  You can drag the icons
> between screens, create new folders on a given screen, etc.  The patch
> is a bit hacky (esp. the dnd stuff), but it seems to work pretty well,
> and I think it's much more usable this way.  It might be a bit late to
> get this into 2.2, but what do y'all think of it?

Still waiting for more oks from release-team, but I looked into the patch
in more detail. I have a few small comments:

 typedef struct {
+	int screen;
 	char *uri;
 	gboolean set;
 	GdkPoint point;
 } NautilusFileChangesQueuePosition;

Can you add screen to the end of the structure instead.

In fm-icon-view.c, rename should_show_file to should_show_file_on_screen

And it has a bug:
if (screen_num != gdk_screen_get_number (screen) &&
    screen_num < icon_view->details->num_screens) {
	return FALSE;
}

needs to be:
if (screen_num != gdk_screen_get_number (screen) &&
    (screen_num < icon_view->details->num_screens ||
     gdk_screen_get_number (screen) > 0) {
	return FALSE;
}

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an all-American crooked master criminal in drag. She's a brilliant
paranoid magician's assistant who believes she is the reincarnation of an
ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!