Re: transparent background

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 05:56, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> Uhhh....this sounds cool, even though I'm completely unaware of such a
> feature and am pretty sure that it hasn't been added (based on the
> changelog). I think efm used to do the transparent background thing.

I think it is done with clever backround image hacks..

Basically you set the desktop background to a seamless repeated pattern,
make another version of it that is shaded a bit darker. Then set that as
a folder background in nautilus so it looks like it was translucent.
Just like people do with the panel on gnome2 as well.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::