Re: Fwd: nautilus suggestions [was Re: Nautilus file info.]
- From: David Tabachnikov <captain bezeqint net>
- To: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- Cc: "Giovanni A. D." <virtualdk inwind it>, nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Fwd: nautilus suggestions [was Re: Nautilus file info.]
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:30:27 +0300
Bill Haneman wrote:
If you install File-Roller, you get that - clicking on a .gz or .bz2 or
.zip or .rar file opens a window with the contents, allowing you to drag
files out of there, etc... And right clicking on such a file, shows you
a menu with "Extract here", "Extract in a subfolder", "Extract to..."
and "Add to archive"...
It is also useful to make gnome more spread to beginners linux user to
have, like in kde,
the possibility to extract gz, bz2 and so on files just by clicking with
the right button
over them and selecting "extract here" ..
I believe that this feature is either available or planned... but I am
] [Thread Prev