Re: Fwd: nautilus suggestions [was Re: Nautilus file info.]

Bill Haneman wrote:

[snip]

It is also useful to make gnome more spread to beginners linux user to have, like in kde, the possibility to extract gz, bz2 and so on files just by clicking with the right button
over them and selecting "extract here" ..

I believe that this feature is either available or planned...  but I am
not sure.
If you install File-Roller, you get that - clicking on a .gz or .bz2 or .zip or .rar file opens a window with the contents, allowing you to drag files out of there, etc... And right clicking on such a file, shows you a menu with "Extract here", "Extract in a subfolder", "Extract to..." and "Add to archive"...

[snip]