Re: Nautilus usability and nit-picks

> Is it the right-thing-to-do to follow the Microsoft Windows(Tm) way of
> move/copy when our file system philosophy is so different? (thats an
> actual question, not rhetorical) or are we over-duplicating windows
> behaviour here?

Regardless of whether or not you decide to copy windows' choices or not,
why not add little graphical decals to the icons whilst they are
attached to the pointer (being dragged)?  This is something windows does
that is definitely useful... it appends a little '+' in a square to
indicate if the file will be copied, a little curved arrow if a
shortcut'll be made and nothing if it will be moved.

Means the decisions the file manager makes behind the scenes are less
opaque.

Rajit