Re: Let's remove the Nautilus News sidepanel

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 01:08, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Enver ALTIN <ealtin casdb com> writes:
> > On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 22:39, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > Let's remove the Nautilus News sidepanel. It would solve almost all of
> >
> > It would be really fun if it could be turned-off making it optional on
> > both compile-time and runtime.
> >

> It's already optional, right click on the sidebar and uncheck it.
> There's no runtime cost if it's disabled.

It's not just hidden? I feel sure that I've had News Panel crashes when
the side panel was hidden.

Anyway, it's still more code to maintain, and more bug reports to
process. And it stands in the way of our removing the side panel
completely one day, but that's another issue.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net