Re: [Nautilus-list] Schemas file update:

Luis Gutierrez <luisgtz megared net mx> writes:

> On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 09:59, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Attached is a patch that adds some more schemas to the nautilus.schemas
> > file, as well as changing the current keys to be in compliance with
> > normal gconf usage (ie, s/-/_/g).
> >
> > A couple comments:
> >
> >  * I'd like to rename the schemas file to be more like the current
> >    naming scheme that gnome-libs uses (ie,
> >    apps_nautilus_preferences.schemas, etc).  Any objections?
> >
> >  * This task is still not done, and is surprisingly dreary.  If anyone
> >    else is up to volunteering to do some, it'd be great.  No coding
> >    experience is needed.
> I'll help.
> Just tell me what you need me to do. I'm not sure I understand what is
> it what you want, but I'll help.

Basically, you need to look in nautilus/libnautilus-private/ at
nautilus.schemas and nautilus-global-properties.[ch].  In the C file,
there are is a long list of properties.  We need to go through them one
by one and move them to the schemas file.  The first 20-25 are done; the
rest need doing.  If you look at what's been done, it should be pretty
obvious what to do next.  The hard part is often just writing a
description of the key.

Thanks,
-Jonathan