Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus covering the panel

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> Lately when I run a recent cvs version of nautilus the panel is
> getting covered up by the desktop window. Is this a nautilus problem?
> A penel problem? A sawfish problem? Is there a fix available?

It's a Sawfish bug. I believe it was triggered by setting the
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE on the Nautilus window, which seems to have
confused Sawfish. I could be wrong about that though, it may have been
some other change.

This bug appeared during deep-freeze for Red Hat Linux, so I had to
fix it in the least-likely-to-cause-serious-breakage way, which was to
hack the panel so that "keep panels below other windows" option was
the same as "keep panels on same level as other windows."  But clearly
Sawfish should be fixed instead. So I didn't send the panel hack
upstream. (Also I was hoping newer Sawfish versions had fixed it,
since we have 0.38 or something.)

Havoc