Re: [Nautilus-list] desktop-vfs-method

On jeu, 2001-09-13 at 09:51, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Is this stuff going to be merged into nautilus or gnome-vfs any time
> soon?
>
> Also, shouldn't we include the desktop files that actually populate
> the "start here" directory in the module? They don't seem to be in cvs
> and as a result I can't get the "start here" feature to work properly.
>
> And finally, it's a bit weird for Nautilus to now have access to both
> "Favorites" and "Bookmarks" (and for them to be different). I guess
> this is a terminology issue that the usability group should fix
> gnome-wide.

Something troubles me with .desktop handling..

Currently we have .desktop parsing in 3 differents libraries :
-libgnome (gnome-dentry)
-gnome-vfs (desktop-vfs-method) from Redhat folks
-nautilus (just merged from REDHAT_BRANCH)

Shouldn't we try to clean this ?

And maybe also, be more compliant this .desktop spec (freedesktop.org)
since it appears we are not using/parsing all available keywords in
.desktop..

WDYT ?

--
Frédéric Crozat