[Nautilus-list] Change of desktop icons

OK, guys, I musta missed something...and it's not nessecarily something you did.

Before the latest upgrade, which included the latest Nautilus, I had some icons for opening ssh connections to other computers. The files in .gnome-desktop were given the names I gave'em, and they were XML-styled.

Now they have 'temporary' names and contain what appears to be the old-style GMC syntax. And I only know this because I pulled down a launcher from the panel and had it create the thing.

    Can someone fill me in on these details?

How soon until I can create desktop icons ON the desktop? With all the things you guys were talking about, I can't imagine anyone forgetting something as obvious as this...

    Thanks, guys!

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                       http://www.kamakiriad.com/aboutme.html
                                   LinPhone: brian aquila kamakiriad com
Now's your chance: Tell the FTC that you're not ready for 'Big Brother'.
http://www.epic.org/privacy/consumer/microsoft/ftcletter10.23.01.html