[Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.5 startup time

Hi there,

I am running Nautilus 1.0.5 (built from source) here on a Intel P3 933 Mhz,
256 MB RAM. GNOME starts up fairly quick with the Nautilus Desktop View, but
actually opening a Nautilus window (by clicking on Home) takes well over 10
seconds, although my home directory only has a few files in it. Is that
standard behaviour or do you think I messed up my installation? And is this
going to change for GNOME-2? Maybe one could completely preload Nautilus when
GNOME starts? I am willing to have a login sequence that lasts 10secs longer,
but I want my file manager to be responsive.

Kind regards

--
Florian Bachmann <f_bachmann t-online de>