Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: slowness

Darin Adler wrote:

on 10/17/01 5:02 PM, Maciej Stachowiak at mjs noisehavoc org wrote:

That's how it worked at first, and Owen strongly disapproved. It does
look a little silly for desktop links to appear first with a generic
icon, and then later with the real icon. I don;t have a very strong
opinion on which way is better.

I think the hysteresis might have an effect. With a .1 second hysteresis you
are much more likely to see the links appear with the wrong icon first than
with a long one. But then again, once all the files are discovered, the
hysteresis doesn't matter any more, so perhaps I'm wrong.

It does seem like we threw the baby out with the bath water if we made all
directory views slower so that desktop links can work in a fancier way.

    -- Darin