[Nautilus-list] Cvs nautilus problems

i've also been experiencing the 5-second freeze during directory loads.
i turned off fam in /etc/inetd.conf, killed it's process and restarted
nautilus, but the problem remained.  load time is ~10 seconds on a
650mhz athlon with 256 megs of ram for a directory with 25 items total:
6 sub directories, 10 images, and some text files.  fam had no effect on
this, either.  hope this information helps :)

todd