Re: [Nautilus-list] Scripts directory

on 10/17/01 2:30 AM, Jeff Waugh at jdub perkypants org wrote:

> Whilst we're here, why have the newer Nautilii used .gnome/nautilus-scripts
> instead of .nautilus/scripts? It seems like a very haphazard change, and not
> very 'least surprise' in nature.

The old directory was ~/Nautilus/scripts, inside the user-visible ~/Nautilus
"novice home" directory. The user-visible ~/Nautilus directory was removed
as part of the Red Hat contribution to Nautilus 1.0.5.

If you look at the archives, you'll see me suggesting to Havoc that when he
made this change, he should also make it migrate the scripts from the old
place to the new, but no one got around to doing this part.

    -- Darin