Re: [Nautilus-list] Big performance problems (was: Help finding must-fix for 1.0.5 bugs)

Lo Darin,

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:02:01 -0700 you wrote:

  | > In 1.0.4 it doesn't draw (at least not that I can see) until
  | > everything is loaded. The user experience is *MUCH* smoother, even
  | > aside from the speed disparity.
  |
  | Anyone else seeing this problem? Was there a bug in 1.0.4 that made it
  | always wait until everything is loaded that had these positive effects?
  | Does the Red Hat version have this problem?
  |
  | I am about to do the 1.0.5 release, but I'll hold for a few hours until
  | I hear more about this. Worst case, we'll do a 1.0.6 to fix this.

Yep, this neatly describes the problems I have with the CVS version. Some
time ago I mentioned here the ridiculous startup time of 40-50 seconds
with CVS HEAD. It got a little better with Havoc's trash search changes,
but not by much.

I'm a developer - what can I do to track down what's going on? And is the
requirement list in HEAD's README really up to date?

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos