Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus-1.0.4-gmc.patch

le lun 12-11-2001 à 19:55, Darin Adler a écrit :
> on 11/12/01 9:56 AM, Frederic Crozat at fcrozat mandrakesoft com wrote:
>
> > I agree this should be done at first-time setup but this is also needed
> > when users delete their ~/.gnome-destop (that is why I added this code
> > in nautilus-file-utilities.c)
>
> I don't think it's a given that you want to do this any time a user deletes
> ~/.gnome-desktop, although I understand you decided to do that for Mandrake.
> It is nice to have a way to reset the icons to the default, but deleting the
> desktop directory doesn't have to be the way to do that.

What about adding a "Create default icons" in Desktop contextual menu ?
(There is such a thing in GMC)

> > Here is another suggestion which could be used by all distributions :
> > instead of copying start-here.desktop from $(datadir)/nautilus to
> > ~/.gnome-desktop,
> > 1- we create $(datadir)/nautilus/default-desktop and we put
> > start-here.desktop
> > 2- each distribution packager (and system administrator too) can add as
> > many .desktop as they want in $(datadir)/nautilus/default-desktop, with
> > a .nautilus-metafile.xml
> > 3- create_starthere_link_callback is renamed into something like
> > create_default_desktop_callback, and copy content of
> > $(datadir)/nautilus/default-desktop into ~/.gnome-desktop
> >
> > Are you ok with this design ? If so, I'll do a patch and will ask for
> > review here..
>
> Sounds good -- better than the gmc script thing.

I'm currently working on that and when I modified
create_starthere_link_callback, I had problem with two files :
start-here.desktop and start-here-link.desktop file. The
start-here-link.desktop is copied on ~/.gnome-desktop as
start-here.desktop so I don't see any use for start-here.desktop.. Is it
really needed ?

I'd like to move start-here-link.desktop to
DATADIR/nautilus/default-desktop and rename it start-here.desktop
(therefore, a simple copy from DATADIR/nautilus/default-desktop to
~/.gnome-desktop would work).

Comments ? (maybe Havoc or Alex ncould comment on the start-here problem
since originaly it was a redhat patch ..)

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft