[Nautilus-list] Speedier selection for Nautilus

on 11/8/01 11:52 AM, Anders Carlsson at andersca gnu org wrote:

> Actually, because of the way the canvas is designed, it'll still need to
> redraw the icons anyway so you wouldn't gain much I think. Besides, it
> looks much cooler :)

But one optimization, which was in EelCanvasRect for 1.0, is to only draw
the parts that are changing, not the entire rectangle. The GnomeCanvasRect
in 1.0 wasn't smart enough to know that if you get wider, you only have to
draw the new part.

I think those smarts should be added to GnomeCanvasRect itself for
libgnomecanvas. But the code has changed enough hat it's not just a simple
matter of rolling in the EelCanvasRect code. Anders, is there a chance that
you can you look into this?

    -- Darin