[Nautilus-list] Disabling desktop control

Hello,

I would like to use enlightenment to set my desktop
backgrounds, but nautilus seems to always have a
window (where the icons reside) over the root X window
--making it impossible to see any backgrounds that e
sets.

Is it possible to disable the root window where icons
reside in Nautilus? I think this would be a good
option for users who are not big fans of desktop
icons.

I will gladly do the work if someone points me in the
right direction...

Thanks,
Eric

(Please cc me on any responses :)