[Nautilus-list] harder tasks

Hi,

OK everybody, Darin needs assistance.  Some general harder porting
tasks I cataloged while digging around in the code:

 - what do we do about smooth fonts and various old GdkFont
   code
 - how do we implement ellipsize_string and the ellipsizing
   label
 - do we reapply all Nautilus hacks to 1.2 CList,
   this time to 2.0 CList, or do we just port EelCList to 2.0
   in-place, or do we just port all uses of CList to TreeView
 - there are some apparent bonobo compat issues I don't
   know anything about
 - how are we going to parse .desktop files in the places where
   GnomeDesktopEntry was used
 - fix the icon cache to not need gdk_pixbuf_set_last_unref_handler
 - port to gnome_program_init
 - finish converting various dialog code to GtkDialog, paying
   careful attention to the way GnomeDialog and GtkDialog are
   differently memory managed and GtkDialog doesn't have button
 - not really a porting issue, but gtk_window_set_wmclass() should
   be gtk_window_set_role() pretty much everywhere I noticed it
   being used, see set_wmclass()/set_role() API docs in 2.0
 - EelCanvasRect uses fields in GnomeCanvasRect that are now private
   and in GnomeCanvasShape (possibly we can just use GnomeCanvasRect
   now? it seems to have more features than before)
 - the editable icon text code for icons in the icon container has
   been completely destroyed by Pango (also true of libgnomeui
   icon list I think)
 - mozilla view problem

I was thinking of trying to get a label ellipsizer going, since we
also want that in PangoLayout eventually. Plus, it looks relatively
limited in scope, a lot of the other things look scary. ;-)

Havoc