[Nautilus-list] GNOME 2 port progress report

As of this evening, Nautilus compiles and links. And core dumps as soon as
you try to run it (not a surprise, since I don't even have the right init
code in main yet).

The components and test directories are not yet compiled, and I won't bother
with those until Nautilus is running a bit.

There's about 110 places in the nautilus code, and 40 places in the eel code
marked with GNOME2_CONVERSION_COMPLETE that have to be revisited. Some are
important things, others are details of obscure features that need to be
ported eventually, still others are code that will probably end up being
deleted.

If you're planning to help with the porting process, now is the time to get
your build environment set up. You should also be able to get Nautilus to
build, if not run.

I'll continue to try to get the thing to start up under GNOME 2 over the
next few days, as my time allows.

    -- Darin