Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

Hi!

> > You should be able to mock up your idea by adding a simple application that
> > is registered as the handler for elf/a.out files which does what you described.
>
> Ok, I have implemented this.  I am just waiting for approval to commit
> to gnome-utils.

I'd call it gnome-elf-handler, because it really can't do a.out.

You should probably provide button to directly execute that
application without adding x bit (/lib/ld-linux.so.2 appname), and for
adding bit + execing. [On vfat floppy, you need to be able to exec
without toggling x bit, because there's no x bit to toggle.]

I do not really like wording of warning box. It says either too much
or too little.

I believe either

 "File %s has ELF header, but is not marked executable. Mark executable?"

or the same plus

 "Notice that by executing file, you give it full trust, so it can
delete all your files, forward your private keys to pavel ucw cz or
mail itself to all friends in your addressbook."
								Pavel
--
I'm pavel ucw cz  "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org