[Nautilus-list] GNOME theme in Mozilla (was GNOME user environment brainstorming)

On 24 May 2001 15:48:04 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

- GNOME theme in Mozilla by default

On Thursday, May 24, 2001, at 01:34  PM, Gérard Milmeister wrote:

How can a GNOME theme be used by Mozilla?
Anyway, I find it annoying that applications that use
the Mozilla component (like Nautilus, Galeon) show
the Windows-like scrollbar, instead of the GTK one.

I've heard that Chris Blizzard has plans to change gtkmozembed to use the GTK scroll bar instead of a Mozilla scroll bar and has worked out how to do it. If he does that, it means that just by updating Mozilla to the version with his changes, we'll see a GTK-style scroll bar in both Nautilus and Galeon. I think it's quite difficult to fix this in the embedding applications, and a lot easier to do it in gtkmozembed.

I think that Havoc's "GNOME theme in Mozilla by default" point refers to having a default theme for Mozilla that looks like the default theme for GTK and the default theme for Sawfish and the default theme for Nautilus. All of these themes collectively would be the "GNOME theme" even if the programs don't all use a single common set of theme machinery.

    -- Darin