Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

On 24 May 2001 17:16:44 +0200, Zak McGregor wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2001 15:40:01 +0200
> Alexander Skwar <ASkwar DigitalProjects com> wrote:
>
> > So sprach Tuomas Kuosmanen am Thu, May 24, 2001 at 04:06:51PM +0300:
> > > Softlinks are not fun on the shell:
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> However, surely the locations need to be accessible from any app and not
> just from those that use gconf?

Yep, the folder would be in your homedir in any case. Or somewhere you
changet it yourself (if there is some capplet to set them)

> > > practical, so lets get back to earth. Something simple is the right
> way
> > > to do it. Maybe we could use Doorman to this - as if there is a
> Doorman
> >
> > Isn't this always true?  KISS and all that *G*
>
> Yes, but sometimes simple is not going to work. It surely would be less
> useful if only gconf-aware apps could know the locations of certain
> files by certain paths?

Sure, but in any case the dir names would be pretty obvious anyway.
~/Documents or ~/Documente or something. So it shouldnt be a problem.

Tuomas

--
|  Tuomas Kuosmanen  |  Ximian  |  Art Director  |