Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC

By default Nautilus will ask whether you want to execute or just view any
executable text file when it's double-clicked. This includes bash, perl,
etc. There's an advanced preference to change this behavior to always
execute or always view. It doesn't make sense to prevent people from running
particular scripts, but the current mechanism seems like a reasonable
tradeoff of security vs. convenience.

John

on 5/23/01 10:42 AM, mitch nuclear physics gatech edu at