Re: [Nautilus-list] fam & Redhat 7.1

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:05:42PM -0700, Dennis Cranston wrote:

> I've downloaded the Nautilus 1.0.3 RPMS, and I
> installed the fam-oss package. (rpm -ivh
> fam-oss-2.6.4-0_eazel_0.i386.rpm)

that rpm unfortunetly is of beta quality.  It doesn't come with
anyway to start fam.

what you need to do is as root

# (/usr/bin/fam -L & )

then as your user restart natuilus

$ nautilus --quit

should do that and then it will respawn and have fam support.

-L is for local only so the fam daemon will not repsond to other hosts.

this still takes a little bit of time for nautilus to be notified if
you want it to be instantanious you need to patch your kernel with the
imon patch from sgi.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/

-R*S