[Nautilus-list] Desktop launcher icons - how?

Does anybody know how to easily create a desktop icon to launch an application? I love Nautilus, but am a little frustrated that I can't do this by right clicking the desktop in much the same way gmc allows one to do. I mean I know you can have icons that launch other applications on the desktop as Nautilus automagically converted the gmc desktop when it installed.... ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Columbus Group
people-centered internet solutions