[Nautilus-list] Toggling state of 'Open each file or folder in a separate window'

Hi!

Don't know if this has come up before but it would be really nice to
be able to toggle the state of the "Open each file or folder in a
separate window" when a file or folder is clicked and a modifier (like
the Alt key) is pressed.

This is really useful when you are looking for a file deep in a
directory tree and you don't want to have your desktop full of open
windows.

I normally like to open directories in separate windows but when I
know where I am going I tend to open directories in the existing
window (I do this all the time in Windows Explorer, and I think the
Mac Finder also had this feature.)

Would this be too hard or expensive to implement?

Cheers!

Eloy.-