[Nautilus-list] Nautilus icon sizes.

(I asked this a while ago but with no response. Perhaps you, Ramiro, know the answer.)

When does nautilus decide to use icons of different sizes?
For example, there is i-directory.png along with i-directory-x.png where
x is 12,20,24,36,72,96,128 and 192 (or something close). Nautilus
automaticly uses the appropriate size to avoid scaling things up in an
ugly way. Same for i-regular.png. However when I make other sized
versions of other icons, Nautilus never sees them.

Is Nautilus hard-coded to only look at i-directory and i-regular or is
it something else?

Regards,
       Ben