Re: [Nautilus-list] Directory Descriptions (Was: I am going to implement cut, copy,paste forfiles)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Although you are right, I'd say that Nautilus should stick as close to FSB
> as possible.

You mean the FHS (http://www.pathname.com/fhs/)? If FHS, I agree. However,
if a particular common distro is detected, some specifics for that distro
could also be displayed, since not all distros are following the FHS
closely.

> I know that Mandrake tries to be very close to comply to this,
> and have heard that SuSE also tries to do so.  And I think also RedHat is
> somewhat complying to this.

LSB is at the moment nothing to be compliant with, because it is not
finalized. The FHS is an entirely different topic. And I believe Red Hat 7
is very closely following the FHS.

Christian