[Nautilus-list] Threaded File Sorting

Just a bizarre idea that occured to me, so I thought I may as well
comment:

There have been some comments with respect to sorting files within a
directory - has a tree view sorting of files within a directory ever
been seriously comtemplated?  The user supplies a hierarchical list of
categories to sort by, and that spawns a tree view of the files in the
directory to drill down through (as many layers as sort conditions were
applied).

It's late, and I'm probably just dithering.

Leland.