Re: [Nautilus-list] Please exercise new Scripts feature

> I tried adding the automatic Refresh but it seemed way too heavyweight
for
> the many cases that didn't need it. We'll have to stick to the
workaround
> for the moment, and I'll hope to come up with some way for scripts to
> trigger a refresh on purpose if we don't get real node-monitoring
stuff in
> place soon enough.

Would it be at all feasible to expose nautilus shell functions in the
API?  It would be very useful if one could script some of these things
(like refresh) in a general case.

One general thing I have noticed with bonobo-based programs that I hope
will change is that they don't seem to be taking full advantage of
bonobo.  If more generally-useful things had a public API, then cool
stuff can be done with scripting general desktop actions.  I don't know
if this is a problem with the current implementation of bonobo, or just
a factor of time and not-yet-stable interfaces.  But I would like to see
(Eventually, anyway) the ability to just pick up my favorite scripting
language to make fairly complex macros for myself.  Is this way off
base, or is it an existing goal?

    --Ryan