Re: [Nautilus-list] Mailbox viewer

on 3/11/01 9:06 AM, Jonas De Vuyst at jonas devuyst advalvas be wrote:

> Since Nautilus and Evolution both use Bonobo, would it be possible to
> have a mailbox viewer in Nautilus by using the Evolution Bonobo
> component? i.e. when I click an mbox file I'd like to see the Evolution
> component that shows the list of mails, when then selecting a mail I'd
> like to have that opened.

It's possible to make a viewer for mailboxes as a Bonobo component that will
work in Nautilus.

It's unlikely, though, that Evolution already has a mailbox viewer component
that's set up the right way. So doing this would require some work on that.
But you probably won't need a new version of Nautilus to do it.

> Is this possible without programming? Probably not but is it something
> that I should put in the Bugzilla database?

This can be done by people who aren't making changes to Nautilus. So it
doesn't have to go into the Nautilus bugzilla. That's the beauty of the
component architecture. However, if you really want to request this feature
to be done by a future Nautilus team perhaps as part of the default viewers
that are included with Nautilus, then a bug in the Nautilus bug database
would be OK.

    -- Darin