Re: [Nautilus-list] Results of MIT usability testing

> > Actually, they did, or at least one person did, but the Duplicate
> > command was not active, greyed out.
>
> Yeah, oops, Christopher mentioned that too. I'm not sure why the
> Duplicate command was grayed out; I suspect a buggy interaction with
> Athena-style permissions. It would be nice to know if this works
> correctly with the latest version of Nautilus.

It wasn't an AFS-related bug.  It was because the users had already
opened the files in "View as Text" mode.  In PR3, in this mode, the
Duplicate option on the File menu is not greyed out; it just doesn't
exist at all.

My personal recommendation would be that a double-click launches an
external editor, or optionally a dialog that asks the user what app
they want to use to edit or view the file.

In PR3, the File -> Duplicate option does work correctly if the user
has selected but not opened a file.

-B.