Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Darin doesn't work effectively with Yoann?

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:

> On 19Jun2001 11:11AM (+0200), Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
> >
> > Darin, I think you come from the commercial world and that you don't
> > have a really large experience with free software. Now let me tell
> > you something : credit is probably the most important thing.
> >

> Yoann, I think Darin understands free software a lot better than you
> do. The most important thing is making the software better.

I agree.

> Credit is secondary.

it depend what you mean by secondary.
Many people will stop working with you if you give no credits back.

> While I believe in giving credit where it is due, I also
> think demanding credit is rude and childish.

No one should ever, have to ask for credit.
It should be done automatically, and naturally.

> > You should learn about respect and communication. And you should probably
> > learn about what Maintaining a free software project mean.
> >

> >From having tried to work with you a couple of times, and from having
> worked closely with Darin for a year and a half, my impression is that
> Darin is incredibly reasonable and generally a pleasure to work with,
> and you are extremely demanding, insistent and pushy.
>
> I appreciate the work you've done pinpointing performance issues in
> Nautilus; however, I don't think any contributor is entitled to be as
> whiny and demanding as you. There's lots of other people trying to
> help make Nautilus better, and it's unfair to all of us if you drain
> all of Darin's valuable time and leave none for the rest of us.

I'm not whiny, I'm upset against Darin, this for differents reasons;
theses reasons are not only due to the no - mail answer.

> I think you need to take more initiative and figure out more about how
> Nautilus works yourself, as other contributors have done.

What I did for the pasts 2 - 3 weeks, because of the non Darin answer.

> I agree that redoing your work when you submit a faulty patch is a bit
> rude, but in my experience, it's way less effort than trying to get

[Your answer seem to be cut]

My point is that it's not a bit rude, it's very rude, like you search
for a problem for several hours, you found it... your pleasure will
be to make a patch that correct the problem. You tell someone about
the problem and he make the patch for you.

It just cut you the wings... You were happy to be able to contribute
making Nautilus better, you took time on an issue, and the one you
told the issue to, fix it without telling you... That's very rude.

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | One luser tried to change his password on Mandrake. Not
MandrakeSoft         | having any imagination at all, he entered "penis" for a