Re: [Nautilus-list] [PATCH]: avoid re-layouting when it's not needed.
- From: Yoann Vandoorselaere <yoann mandrakesoft com>
- To: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>
- Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>, nautilus-list lists eazel com, Ramiro Estrugo <ramiro fateware com>
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] [PATCH]: avoid re-layouting when it's not needed.
- Date: 18 Jun 2001 12:47:46 +0200
Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
> On Sunday, June 17, 2001, at 07:00 PM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
> > So the real question is (and I really need an answer to this one) :
> > Should fm-directory-view caught signal after a directory was loaded,
> > or is it only usefull while loading the directory ?
> It's used after a directory is loaded. For example, if you rename a
> file in another window, or with the properties window, that's how the
> file knows to update. If you delete a file in another window, that's
> how it knows to go away. If FAM reports a change in that file, that's
> how the window receives the change.
> This patch breaks those things.
Ok, I just tested with RAW Nautilus CVS :
If you add / delete / modify a file in a directory other than ~/,
it wont appear in the view unless you reload, except if you're using
So either this is a bug, either my patch is ok...
What should I do ?
Yoann Vandoorselaere | In a world without walls or fences,
MandrakeSoft | what use do we have for windows or gates?
] [Thread Prev