Re: [Nautilus-list] keyboard shortcuts suggest

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 06:06  AM, David Tabachnikov wrote:

Can you make a list of operations that need keyboard shortcuts that don'
currently have them? Then I can add some for the operations that need them, and if there are some that exist but you just don't know about, I can get
the documentation fixed.

How can I select a group of files with the keyboard? (Like
shift-left/right/up/down in Windows)

To select more than one file you use the arrow keys with the Ctrl or Alt modifier. I can't say which because John Harper has changed this back and forth as he has changed Sawfish to default to using Ctrl or Alt. Anyway, Ctrl-Space (or Alt-Space) selects or deselects the currently keyboard focused file, which Ctrl-arrow (or Alt-arrow) moves the keyboard focused file without changing the selection.

    -- Darin