Re: [Nautilus-list] IMON in mainstream Linux kernel?

On 14 Jun 2001 16:50:37 -0400, Alex Larsson wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:
> > > The truth of the matter is probably that the kernel people don't feel that
> > > this is an important issue. I obviously disagree.
> >
> > If we install FAM by default and make people annoyed by the polling
> > maybe it will change their mind.
> >
> > Actually, that didn't work with magicdev...
>
> Maybe it works the second time? I think we should go for it.

Me too.

Even if it turns out that there are valid technical reasons for
rejecting FAM, the bottom line it that we need some sort of file
monitoring service.  In view of the work involved in creating a standard
way to do this, perhaps we should get started!