[Nautilus-list] FWD: Re: Allowing directories to be dragged from Nautilus into gnome-terminal

Per Brian Nitz (SUN Microsystems) I am forwarding this to this list.

Orest Jarosiewicz
TIAA-CREF
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:52:25 +0100 (BST)
From: Brian Nitz <bn128650 ireserver Ireland Sun COM>
Subject: Re: Allowing directories to be dragged from Nautilus into
gnome-terminal
To: orestnyc yahoo com

Orest,

Thank you very much for your work in investigating and suggesting
a fix which adds drag-drop file capability between Nautilus and
gnome-terminals.  I forwarded your suggestion to our internal
group but I suggest that you should submit it to the official
nautilus mailing list:   nautilus-list lists eazel com
or the main gnome mail list: gnome-list gnome org for discussion.
Sun works closely with the GNOME and Nautilus communities but we
can't
make such a change without the approval of the community.  It is also

important for the author of the change (you) to get credit.  Good
luck!

>Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:51:02 GMT
>To: gnome-1 4-feedback Sun COM
>From: orestnyc yahoo com
>Subject: Allowing directories to be dragged from Nautilus into
gnome-terminal

>[Sun may use this data to contact me on related announcements]: no
>[Sun may share this data with their business associates]: no
>[Name]: Orest Jarosiewicz
>[Subject]: Allowing directories to be dragged from Nautilus into
gnome-terminal
>[Email]: orestnyc yahoo com
>[Question detail]: (TEXT BELOW)
>Gnome allows one to drag a directory from GMC & drop it into a
gnome-terminal.
The result is that the full path to
>the directory is pasted.  However, I noticed that I could not drag a

directory
from NAUTILUS and drop it into
>gnome-terminal.
>
>After some browsing of the source code, I made two small changes to
gnome-terminal.c to enable this feature.
>Both changes are in configure_term_dnd().  The first change is I
added
one line
to target_table:

>	static GtkTargetEntry target_table[] = {
>                { "STRING",     0, TARGET_STRING },
>                { "text/plain", 0, TARGET_STRING },
>                { "application/x-color", 0, TARGET_COLOR },
>                { "property/bgimage",    0, TARGET_BGIMAGE },
>                { "text/uri-list", 0, TARGET_STRING } /* Orest -
this
allows
one to drop a directory from Nautilus */
>        };
>
>The second change is in gtk_drag_dest_set:
>
>	gtk_drag_dest_set (GTK_WIDGET (term),
>                           GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_MOTION |
>                           GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_HIGHLIGHT |
>                           GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_DROP,