Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus + smbclient

> > Why can't you just mount the smb with the smbfs kernel module and navigate
> > the directory from there? That worked for me (until of course the smbfs
> > module locked my kernel while transfering large files, does that happen to
> > anyone else?)
>
> Of course you *can* do that. But do you want to force user to do that?
> That's not very good for a graphical file-manager, is it?

I don't see how mounting an smb filesytem should be any different (or
more difficult) than any other filesystem such as a cdrom or floppy
disk...How does nautilus deal with those?  Does it use gnome-vfs or
mount the filesystem directly?

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

What kind of sordid business are you on now?  I mean, man, whither goest
thou?  Whither goest thou, American, in thy shiny car in the night?

--Jack Kerouac