Re: [Nautilus-list] RFC: Thoughts on the run dialog.
- From: Ed McKenzie <eem12 cornell edu>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-list gnome org, Nautilus Mailing List <nautilus-list lists eazel com>
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] RFC: Thoughts on the run dialog.
- Date: 03 Jun 2001 12:18:14 -0500
On 03 Jun 2001 12:02:17 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Letting the user run http://wherever/document.ps from the Panel and have
> > it open in Nautilus or some other application is, IMHO, something a
> > network desktop should be able to do with ease.
> Did you try it? It will show URLs already, using your usual web
> It doesn't know enough to do the full MIME type thing, but it can at
> least view URLs.
Patching the panel to open all URI's with nautilus gives alot of this
functionality, though whether Nautilus should be used as a primary
browser for http URLs is another question.
<eem12 cornell edu>
] [Thread Prev