Re: [Nautilus-list] Fix background flash

Louis Garcia wrote:

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 12:23  PM, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

Here's a small patch to fix the 'flash' that occurs when you

start

nautilus.  The problem was that nautilus was creating a toplevel

window,

but not setting the background until much later.  It is fixed by
setting the background pixmap of the window to that of the root

window.

Wow! Thanks for tackling this.

Is it okay to commit?

There are some trivial cosmetic problems with the patch. For

example,

you say "GDK_DISPLAY()" instead of "GDK_DISPLAY ()" and
"GDK_ROOT_WINDOW()" instead of "GDK_ROOT_WINDOW ()" and forgot the
space after gdk_atom_intern before the "(". Also, you initialize
have_set_background when it's declared rather than in the body of

the

code, and use gint rather than int.

But it looks fine to commit, with or without fixes to these.

Will do.

Thanks,
-Jonathan

This still does not fix the situation where the background is a pixmap.
As I observed, nautilus sets the background to the solid color it began
with then set the background again the pixmap of the root window.

If we can only set the proper pixmap as the background the first time.

Louis

But you can't do this if the pixmap does not cover the entire desktop... isn't it?

--
Manuel Clos
llanero jazzfree com

* Si no puedes hacerlo bien, hazlo bonito (Bill Gates)
* If you can't do it well, do it nice (Bill Gates)